What Causes Cold, Sneezing And Lower Abdominal Pain?
I am 10 week and 3 days pregnant. I get cold in the morning and start sneezing till noon and when I sneeze sometime I get pain in my lower abdomen. Will it affect my baby? Also I had spotting during my 6th week and it stopped after a week. Thyroid has started during pregnancy and I under medication.
Straining of the muscles
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Sneezing increases the intraabdominal pressure increasing the strain on the muscles of the abdomen.
This leads to the pain and straining of the muscles which you are perceiving as the pain in the lower abdomen,
It will not have any adverse effect on the fetus.
However, you can take levocetrizine tablet to control the cold and sneezing.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Thanks for your answer. Doctor had advised me to avoid traveling as there was spotting druing my 6th week of pregnancy but I didn't get approval to WFH and I travel to office like 40-42 kms to and fro. People tell that until 3 months we should be careful and I am scared as I travel 5 days a week.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I am 49 my creatinine level 29 how to lower
- Transaminase alt how to lower
- Why would my left ball sack hang lower
- My legs feel heavy with a red rash lower
- How much will cholestoff lower
- My left ball hurts and hangs lower
- Child external ear injury swollen cauliflower
- How to get your nut sack to hang lower
- Hypothyroidism cauliflower
- Mcv 104 how to lower