What causes clots instead of blood during menstrual flow?
Welcome to health care magic.
I see 2 different issues here.
1. Passing of large clots could probably be due to increased endometrial thickness or fibroid or a polyp. An ultrasound scan would help differentiate these conditions and provide clues for further treatment. Please get ultrasound scan done.
2. Severe gastritis might have lead to bleeding in intestine and hence black stool. You might need toget an endoscopy of upper GI tract if this continues for a week. Meanwhile continue medicines you are taking.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of unending menstrual flow
- What causes vomiting during the menstrual cycle
- What causes headaches during menstrual cycle
- What is the cause of breathlessness during menstrual cycles
- What causes fast heartbeat during menstrual cycle
- Does reclipsen cause fluctuations in menstrual blood flow
- What causes orange menstrual blood
- What causes menstrual dried blood
- What causes black menstrual blood
- What causes menstrual blood to gush
- Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid?
- What causes brown vaginal doscherge when trying to get pregnant?
- What causes delayed periods?
- What causes vaginal bleeding post pap smear test?
- How to check if hymen is intact?
- What causes delayed periods after unprotected sex?
- How to avoid pregnancy after having sex?
- What causes brown vaginal discharge after periods?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods post abortion
- Does Nmp tablet interfere with pregnancy test result?