What causes chronic diarrhea with blood in stool?
My mother got loose motions around 1.5 months back.she took normal norflox tz for 3 days.After 2-3 days again she has to go for motion every time she eats or drinks anything.
She took the treatment from doctor and condition is better than previous stage but she has the following problem. She goes to motion 6 to 7 times in a day in which there is gas pass with little water. There are another kind of motion which is normal but whenevr the stool is passed she has to go for continously 2 to 3 times and the passage of stool is painful and cause irritation in the anal opening with pain after the motion and cause a lot of weakness. She has become weak also.there is a blood in stool . It came 10 days before for 2 days and today also.
More tests are to be done
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Your mother has chronic diarrhea probably a large bowel diarrhea. Since there is also blood in stools, colitis and malignancy have to be ruled out. A stool test and a colonoscopy test are to be done. In colonoscopy a long slender tube is introduced through the anal opening to look inside the colon.
You can consult a gastroenterologist in your area for these tests.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic diarrhea and the liver
- Chronic diarrhea blood in stool taken oflox done colonoscopy
- Can hernia cause chronic diarrhea
- Chronic diarrhea after colonoscopy
- Can colonoscopy cause chronic diarrhea
- Cholestyramine resin for chronic diarrhea
- Hypercalcemia caused by chronic diarrhea
- Chronic diarrhea causes
- What causes chronic diarrhea persisting for years
- What is the solution for chronic diarrhea