• question-icon

What causes chest discomfort?

Posted on Tue, 3 Mar 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Slight uneasiness of left side of the chest. happening for the second time today. only lasts for 2-3mins. no pain. little bit of nausea as well.age - 20..height - 6 ft 5inches.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
to Emergency if worsens

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and thank you for your question. At 20 years old you are unlikely to have serious heart disease causing these symptoms, but if the symptoms persist then you will need to see a doctor. There are some cardiac conditions that do occur in young people. This could be caused by problems in your stomach as well since your stomach is located just below the heart. You could try taking an antacid tablet and see if this gets rid of the nausea and other sensations. Avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco as they can all make nausea worse. Eat a healthy diet and if your symptoms persist see a doctor as soon as possible. If you get chest pressure that is severe with shortness of breath then you need to go to the emergency department right away
Dr. Robinson
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Kathy Robinson