What causes bruising on inner thigh?

Question
I have a bruise on my inner thigh It is not an area where I could kick myself -not bitten my insect (I believe)-bruise has a blueish circle around it clear in the middle- it appears that circle radiated from the center of circle-there was a bump in center- also had some pain last week -went to e.r. 4 days ago & was told it was a bruise-originally saw it about 10 days ago-
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to check for altered blood coagulation

Detailed Answer:

Routinely we dont get such bruises as coagulation of blood is regulated, any alteration in this can cause skin bleeds even on usual pressure on skin.

In view of focal unexplained skin bruises I would suggest you to get bleeding and prothrombin time tested to check out coagulation status of your blood.

These bruises are subcutaneous petechial hemorrhages.This are tiny hemorrhages that occur in skin giving rise to bruise like appearance.

There are various causes for this and needs clinical examinations and investigation to find out the cause.

It would be a good thought to get this symptoms evaluated by a doctor who can guide about the investigations.

Complete evaluation is needed in cases like yours as there is always fear of internal bleed.

Doctor might give you shot of vitamin K , this can prevent such bleeds.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.Thank you.Take care.