What causes bowel movement immediately after eating food?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: after I have had something to eat within an hour I have to go to the toilet
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fr how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query.

This sounds very much like irritable bowel syndrome with predominance of the motility of the bowels. To be sure about this, I will like to know for how long this has been going on and whether there are any other symptoms such as bloody stools, pains. mucus, etc. Also, are there any abdominal pains?

I hope to hear back from you for a more thorough and helpful response to this worry.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 57 minutes later
It has been going on for about 2 weeks and the stools are not hard infact a bit loose
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will say monitor only as this is not suggestive of a specific disease now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up precision.

This information is not suggestive of a specific disease at this time. I will suggest that you monitor only as this would most likely resolve spontaneously. If it we’re not to, then we may want to use medications for this. I am however not quick in prescribing drugs unless this is of great concern to you about going to stool after meals.

In all, stopping after meals is not a disease per se unless this is a huge inconvenience for you such that i will use medications to regularize.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.