What causes body tremors, hallucination, impaired speech and slander?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am a 46 year old female, in the past 5years this condition has been getting worse. My whole body shakes uncontrollably at times. My thought process is slow and not right, I hulucinate, I make accusations that have no source. My speech isn't right.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need CT brain and blood work up for dementia

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be early onset dementia and you need to have a detailed neurological examination done by a neurologist to assess higher mental functions and nervous coordination. To start with CT scan and MRI brain if needed. A family history of dementia or neurological illness or essential tremors is very important.

Blood workup for levels of B12, B1, Folic acid, TSH levels and sugar levels alongwith baselines like complete blood picture would be needed. Supplements for B complex, Folic acid, Calcium and Zinc may be started.

Wishing you a speedy and sound recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj