Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes blood blister in penis with history of balanitis?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6506 Questions
I have a 6 year old son who is not uncircumcised. Yesterday before bed he told me he thought there was dirt on his private area so I told him to take a shower. After a few minutes he said it wasn't coming off so I came to check on it and the right side of his foreskin looked bruised or like it had a blood blister. I asked him if it hurt and he said it didn't and only noticed it when he went to the bathroom. He and his brothers wrestle all the time but I don't remember him complaining to me about being hurt. He had Balanitis about a year ago and going through that plus weeks of research learning what that was I know it isn't that. I was thinking if it is some kind of a bruise after playing or being pinched or something maybe it would go away.. Today it hasn't worsened and he still says it doesn't hurt but now I am just a bit worried and will most likely take him to pediatric Urologist tomorrow just to make sure.. My question ; Should I be more worried or go to the E.R. tonight? Or if he isn't in pain and it isn't getting worse should I wait a bit longer to see how or if it is healing? thank you- MTM
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult pediatric urologist over next few days

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

With a history of balanitis a year back its important to consult a pediatric urologist over the next few days.

There is no need to get worried or rush to the ER as long he does not have pain, bleeding or obstruction to the passage of urine.

To me it looks more like a sequelae of the balanitis which he had one year ago. This however needs to be confirmed by your pediatric urologist.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor