What causes bleeding nose while on Fluticasone and Azelastine nasal sprays?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: See red/brown spots on pillow in a.m. Have severe deviated septum. Non allergic rhinitis and post nasal drip. Use fluticasone and azelestine nasal sprays in a.m.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nasal sprays can cause this.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The most likely cause for the blood spots will be the nasal sprays.

2. Discontinue the sprays for a few days and use saline nasal drops.

3. inform your doctor and get examined if this persists.

4. Change the direction of the nasal sprays away from the nasal septum when you use them in future.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.