What causes blackish spot and dry skin on fingers?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have allergic problem in my skin specially on fingers. There is blackish spot, and some dry skin formation. If I take TECZINE-5mg for a month once daily, then there is improvement. But, if I stop, then condition reverts to old condition within a week. Please, help me. I tried others medicines according to local doctors, but no positive effect.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate and send details

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the allergic problem on your skin.

I have gone through the complete query and can make out that you have the

In view to help you best and confirm my diagnosis I request you to condition of "Contact allergic dermatitis". It is a allergic condition of skin where the skin gets inflamed due to contact with chemical agents, soaps, detergents and any related chemical. To confirm the same and to guide you best I request you to kindly provide certain important points:

- Since how long you have this skin condition.

- Do feel itching over the same. Is it mild or moderate or severe, Do you feel itching all day through or some specific time of the day.

- Is it higher at night time or when you are free or do you feel that it is even disturbing your daily work routine too.

- Tell me about your daily routine and occupation.

- You mentioned in your profile that there is some allergy to chemicals. I request you to kindly elaborate the same.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases