What causes black vaginal discharge?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,
Id been noticing black discharge everyday for more than 5 days and it increases. I had my last period on november 18. I should note that i did have yellow discharges but i dont see them in an everyday bases.
Should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gynecological examination and ultrasound

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
This is not a good thing.
I would like to know if your period was well on time or it was delayed and the flow during periods if it was normal or decreased than that in previous cycles?
In my opinion you need to visit a gynecologist for examination and then an ultrasound to see for state of endometrium and ovaries.
You can discuss their findings with me anytime on this forum.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
My last period was a week late and yes, the flow unusually light during the last 2 months. Id been talking Folic Acid-iron for 12 days now, i dont know if they r related
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy test advised

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion you need to do a urine pregnancy test and see the result.
In case negative then nothing to worry in emergency but if positive then high chances of abortion.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 57 minutes later
But I'm a virgin! So what are the causes??
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound needed

Detailed Answer:
Then nothing to worry much as most likely it is related to thin endometrium.
But at times it can also be due to local vaginal infection but since you are a virgin first get an ultrasound done which will give us a lot of information.
Get the report and then we can discuss further management accordingly.