What causes bacterial vaginosis?
I have never had a UTI or any kind of urologic infection. I have had a pessary for several years and a couple of weeks ago I have noticed a greenish yellow discharge that seems to be coming from behind the pessary. Could this be a UTI or bladder infection. I have not talked with my gynecology doctor but see her for a pessary cleaning every 3 months and annual gyn exam.
What is your opinion or suggeston as to what these symptoms could be coming from
Thank you very much!
Bacterial vaginal infection.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You are currently suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is mostly caused by an anaerobic organism, G.vaginalis. It can be associated with other vaginal infection like yeast infection etc.
Metronidazole or same categorical drug (like Tinidazole/ secnidazole) is the treatment of choice to cure BV. It can be taken as 2 gm single dose. In mixed vaginal infection, AFS kit (combination of Azithromycin, Fluconazole & Secnidazole) is quite effective. Local application of 2% clindamycin gel is also helpful. In such cases, your sexual partner also needs complete course of treatment.
In this scenario, you must consult with a gynecologist regarding this for proper guidance through pelvic examination (with or without speculum), relevant investigation (like STD profile, vaginal swab test, complete hormone assay etc). Take suggestive measures with supportive medication accordingly.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bacterial vaginosis cause itching
- Bacterial vaginosis cause sores
- Bacterial vaginosis cause and symptoms
- Epididymitis caused by bacterial vaginosis
- Causes of bacterial vaginosis treatment
- Benadryl cause bacterial vaginosis
- Bacterial vaginosis causes
- Bacterial vaginosis caused by adderall
- Marijuana causes bacterial vaginosis
- What causes bacterial vaginosis
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...