Suggest treatment for pain and burning sensation in the vagina
Vaginal infection likely.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You are currently suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is mostly caused by an anaerobic organism, G.vaginalis. It can be associated with other vaginal infection like yeast infection etc.
Metronidazole or same categorical drug (like Tinidazole/ secnidazole) is the treatment of choice to cure BV. It can be taken as 2 gm single dose. In mixed vaginal infection, AFS kit (combination of Azithromycin, Fluconazole & Secnidazole) is quite effective. Local application of 2% clindamycin gel is also helpful. In such cases, your sexual partner also needs complete course of treatment.
In this scenario, you must consult with a gynecologist regarding this for proper guidance through pelvic examination (with or without speculum), relevant investigation (like STD profile, vaginal swab test, complete hormone assay etc). Take suggestive measures with supportive medication accordingly.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Yes. It can be.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be a sexual infection. Blood test and vaginal swab is needed to find this out.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
You are welcome.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment burning sensation and pain in throat
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning sensation in vaginal area
- Suggest treatment to remove painful bumps near anus and vagina
- What is the treatment for vagina pain
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- Pain and swelling in the vagina causes and treatment
- What is the treatment for painful spot vagina
- Painful vagina ulcers uncomfortable treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning in shoulders