Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for yeast infection in the vaginal area

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13450 Questions

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: wife has blood sugar problems, also developed yeast infection in vaginal area, she applied neo sporin to vaginal area, now outer area has a small burns and internal white substance, she did take to pills perscribed by family dr.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial and yeast infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
She is currently suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is mostly caused by an anaerobic organism, G.vaginalis. It can be associated with other vaginal infection like yeast infection etc.

Metronidazole or same categorical drug (like Tinidazole/ secnidazole) is the treatment of choice to cure BV. It can be taken as 2 gm single dose. In mixed vaginal infection, AFS kit (combination of Azithromycin, Fluconazole & Secnidazole) is quite effective. Local application of 2% clindamycin gel is also helpful. All these are prescription medicines and should be taken after consulting a gynecologist. Neosporin ointment will not help.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Anaerobic organism

doctor1 MD

I want to know why I'm leaking a yellow fluid and it is leaking a lot it's burning when I pee also my vagina hurt a lot even when I seat

doctor1 MD

ok, i have itching on my flaps of my groin, and a greenish brown discharge, and a smell similar to cut grass, and a lot of black dots come out of me whether on the toilet or in the tub. Calamide has been helpful, but is it a cure or a treatment ?

doctor1 MD

The day after having sex with my wife if 11 years, I went to masturbate and noticed a bluish spot under my head that was sore. I finished masturbating and since then it has turned into a dark red raw non-itchy patch. It is very noticeable and makes it sore for oral sex and sex in general. It has been a week and it got no better. Please help!!!

doctor1 MD

I'm just curious on one thing, I'm a 21 years old male. I've been circumcised when I was just a baby. Maybe a two-four months old. My penis when not erect it would only be just 1'1 inch and it would look like it still have heavy skin on it and it is very that small compare to some circumcised non erect penis My friends told me when getting circumcised when just a month old baby and as you grow up your penis would go back to the stage that it will be uncircumcised again. Is this true? Thanks you so much for answering this.