Suggest treatment for yeast infection in the vaginal area
Bacterial and yeast infection.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
She is currently suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is mostly caused by an anaerobic organism, G.vaginalis. It can be associated with other vaginal infection like yeast infection etc.
Metronidazole or same categorical drug (like Tinidazole/ secnidazole) is the treatment of choice to cure BV. It can be taken as 2 gm single dose. In mixed vaginal infection, AFS kit (combination of Azithromycin, Fluconazole & Secnidazole) is quite effective. Local application of 2% clindamycin gel is also helpful. All these are prescription medicines and should be taken after consulting a gynecologist. Neosporin ointment will not help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is nystop used in the treatment of vaginal yeast infection?
- Is nizoral used in the treatment of vaginal yeast infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infection
- Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
- Is mycostatin topical used in the treatment of yeast infection, vaginal ?
- Vaginal yeast infections treatments
- Treatment and cure for vaginal yeast infection
- Vaginal discharge may have yeast infection treatment
- Pediatric vaginal yeast infection treatment
- Recurring vaginal yeast infection and spotting treatment