What causes backache after weightlifting?
can be very painful can diminish
had taken a break from exercising for 4 weeks (per Dr order) due to face mohs surgery. Started mild weight lifting did not notice problem then seems to be worse when i wake up or after I sit oddly or lift something (heavy pot out of oven) No fever. Hurts at times as I breathe in or out. Pain can get better at times.
Thanks for the query
This presentation is very typical of a muscle strain in that region near the ribs. It can be aggravated by bad posture and unusual habits like lifting weights in awkward posture.
Apply hot packs to the affected region. Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals. Avoid lying in uncomfortable positions. Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes backache with abdominal pain
- Does rocephin cause backaches
- What causes severe menstrual cramps with fatigue and backache
- What causes backache and burning after defecation
- What is the cause of lower backache during night
- What causes severe backache with stomach bloating
- Does ranitidine cause backaches
- Do tampons cause backache
- What causes backache with short breath
- Backache causes
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain