What causes baby bump to be larger-than-normal at 8 weeks pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: My 31-year-old daughter is 8 weeks pregnant with her first child and looks like she is four months pregnant. Last two weeks she has been extremely nauseous and vomiting, particularly in the morning to early afternoons. She is on no medication.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis should be confirmed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.Such a situation can occur in twins, multiple pregnancy, or h mole, in which the appearance of pregnancy is more than the gestational age and excessive nausea and vomiting are there.
I will suggest her to consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination, ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis and get further treatment accordingly.
She can take pyridoxine or doxinate in the meantime for relief from nausea and vomiting.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T