What causes a visible vein on the penis shaft post unprotected sex?

Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Veins and Arteries
Question: about 7 weeks ago i had unprotected sex when drunk been tested all clear but the next day my penis was throbbing this dull ache went out for 2 weeks before i realised a vein on under my shaft on right side had become inflammed, i can no longer masturbate or touch it without feeling intest pain for a week after, it hurts and doesnt feel right every day since the incident. in the mornings i feel a dull ache as soon as i wake up, im afraid i will never be able to have sex or masturbte again it so much bigger than the other side and it doesnt match up it kind of looks wonky if you see the inflammed side. I've read about mondors disease or varicose veins, freaked out because there is no cure for varicose veins, could my penis really be damaged forever because of one incident of trauma?? I'm so lost and upset i cant get an appt to see urologist for a long long time if you can give me any advice based on these pictures i would be so grateful .

why does the swollen vein on one side split into two large ones, is this normal? the swollen side seems wonky compared to the ok side is this normal? will i ever be able to masturbate again or have sex again or are these veins permanent swollen/damanged? I am so scared i dont know what to do. please take a look at the photos below if possible?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rishi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is quite normal. Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
I don't think you need to worry.
Your pictures seem normal. The veins look fine and normal. You could have had some transient infecion. But there does not seem to be any injury. Do not worry about that. I'm sure your erections must be coming normally.
You can have a Tab Azithromycin if you are worried about STDs. 1 gram tablet once would be enough.
Do let me know if there are any other queries on this issue. It's not Mondor's disease or Varicose veins. Rest assured.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Rishi 1 hour later
Hi Doc thanks for your quick reply, i had a test for STD which came back negative what about the pain every day since the incident thought? its obvious that the vein is not the same as before Have i damanged it because i am scared to masterbate or touch use it again for fear of permanent damage and it feeling/looking bigger than the other side. What about the dull ache in the morning or when i am lying or sitting down. what should i do it hasn't gone for 7 weeks and there seems no diagnosis :(
Answered by Dr. Rishi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The trauma caused has healed well.

Detailed Answer:
Please do not worry.
It is very much possible that there would have been some trauma to the underside veins. But these veins are not very important and presently does not look injured. The pain could be because of the trauma but it is alright now. You can start masturbating fear free. There is no sign of any permanent damage.
If you are in doubt, please get examined by a Urologist and you would be sure.
Take care and feel free to ask any queries.
Dr Rishi.
Follow up: Dr. Rishi 3 hours later
thanks doc one more question why do you think the penis hurts when i lie down on my back in my bed. its a constant ache for 7 weeks that is not going away? which is why i am afraid to masterbate
Answered by Dr. Rishi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain could be due to the trauma suffered.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your reply.
The ache could be due to partial trauma which is resolving. You could see a Urologist to be completely sure.
Do not worry.
It will be fine soon. But for complete purity, please see a Urologist.
Take care,
Dr Rishi