What causes a slight burning sensation in the upper stomach?
Acid reflux is the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Thats a typical sign of an acid reflux. Usually it can be eliminated with proper diet. Please try to avoid coffee, chocolate, orange juices, alcohol, fatty foods. Do not eat 2 hours before sleeping.
If this wont help, Omeprazole (or similar medicine) can be taken.
If this symptom has appeared recently, gastroscopy is a good idea.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause fluttering sensation in upper stomach
- Burning sensation in stomach causes
- Can recurrent ulcer cause burning sensation in stomach
- What causes burning sensation in stomach after giving up alcohol
- What causes a large upper stomach
- What causes upper stomach spasms
- What causes burning sensation in lower stomach
- What could cause stomach burning
- What causes upper stomach bloating
- What can be cause of stomach burning sensation