What causes a reddish patch on the face?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I discovered a red, bumpy patch on my face this morning. It is about 3/4" in diameter. It doesn't itch. It looks a bit
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
inflammation/irritation

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
This can happen if you encountered something that you are allergic to or in some cases you just get a bit of skin irritation due to dryness.
If it is not itchy it is not likely a yeast infection.
Be careful using steroid cream on the face, if used longterm it can cause thinning and damage to the skin.
I would keep a moisturizer on the area and just watch it for a few days.
If it gets red or hot it may be becoming an infection. In that case you would need to see a doctor right away.
If it is not resolving in a week or two then also see your doctor.
Let me know if you have further questions
Dr. Robinson