• question-icon

    What causes a pulmonary nodule?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: my doctor said there is a "nodule" in my left lung by xray but did nt seem concerned said we could get a CT scan if I wanted. What would you do if you were me? I'm 76, female and obese.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will go for a contrast enhanced CT scan of the chest

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history, medical history, current medications and understood your concerns and question.
I were you, I would go for contrast enhanced CT scan of the chest to know better diagnosis so that further investigations and management can be done if directed by the report of a CT scan.
X-ray gives only a preliminary diagnosis and a nodule at the age of 76 needs to be investigated.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
With warm regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 18105 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78...

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. T Chandrakant
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones

  • Q - What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for gastritis

  • Q - What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?

  • Q - What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?

  • Q - What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?

  • Q - What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?

  • Q - What does this EKG report indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis