What causes a prominent and painful vein on the leg?
They are probably Varicose Veins which have ruptured.
Hello and Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thank you for your question.
It seems you must be having Varicose Veins in your legs which would have ruptured leading to leaking of some blood under the skin which is the reason for the pain and discoloration.
Do not worry. You should apply compression bandage over the area after applying Thrombophob ointment. keep your limbs elevated above your heart level for whenever you lie down and take Tab Combiflam if the pain is severe. The discoloration will be relieved in a week to two weeks.
Then you should get a Color Doppler of your Venous system done for that limb and see a Vascular Surgeon for definitive treatment so that these episodes dont recur again.
Take care and do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, Vascular Surgeon, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- Leg hyperextension cause varicose veins
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- Can deep vein thrombosis cause pain in the leg
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- Broken veins in legs causes
- What causes leg pain at night
- What causes abdominal pain despite Protonix usage for stomach ulcer?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for gynecomastia
- What causes sharp pain in lower side of belly button during periods?
- What causes severe leg cramps?
- Is leg swelling a serious concern when suffering from DVT?
- What causes pulsating pain near ribcage below waist line?
- What causes lump on upper outer part of left arm?
- What causes consistent pain around the pelvic area?
- What causes anemia and vitamin D deficiency?