What causes a partial blocking in between the nose pathway and throat?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi there,
I feel as if there is something partially blocking the pathway where the nose drains into the back of my throat. It has been ongoing for 6 months. What could it be? I am a 51 year old female, good health, non smoker.
Thank you !
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
ENT examination essential.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. However, the details are not enough to arrive at any conclusions. You need to get a proper ENT examination and need to visit an ENT specialist for the same. It could be a nasal polyp or a deviated nasal septum (DNS). It could also involve a foreign body or could involve enlarged adenoids.

Take steam inhalation. It should help. Also apply saline nasal drops to each of the nostrils as required.