What causes a enlarged liver in an ultrasound test report?
Scan report is not final
This is just an impression on the Ultrasound scan of the liver.
The liver is increased in its size and has large span in the upper abdomen. THere are large masses many in number inside the liver.
Unfortunately it also says the liver has tumor like growths. It may be within the liver or a spread tumor from somewhere else. In plain words it represents cancer. It has to be investigated further as nothing is final till a biopsy report is there. I suggest you to immediately meet an Oncologist, Hepatologist and take necessary measures for treatment.
Let me know if I can be of further help to you.
There are no extra details in the CT scan. It confirms tumor but says to get a biopsy done to know the type of the tumor.
You should get a guided biopsy of the tumor. Once the pathologist gives his report wht kind of tumor is it, then the staging is done for the tumor. The treatment can be planeed as well according to the histology of the tumor.
Please do not waste time get the things moving quickly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes an enlarged liver in children
- Ultrasound showed enlarged liver what can cause this
- What are the symptoms of enlarged liver?
- Sonogram showed enlarged liver what are the causes for this
- Causes for enlarged liver in children
- Hcg causes enlarged liver
- Enlarged liver causes pain
- Causes enlarged liver in a child
- Ultrasound showed baby to enlarged liver
- Enlarged liver and spleen causes
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?