What causes a cyst on the lower lip after eating?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I noticed a cyst/sore on my lower lip after eating dinner 2 days ago. It got a little bigger since then. It does not hurt or anything. I don't see any other cyst or sores in my mouth or on my lips. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infected cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
It appears to be an infected cyst.
It miggt be a result of lip bite.
You should take tablet cefixime 200 twice daily and use hexidine mouthwash. Apply candid mouth paint 4 to 5 times a day

Avoid touching the lesion repeatedly to avoid infection

All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription

Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 29 minutes later
Thank you for the reply. Are the medications necessary or can I let it heal naturally? Is it anything to be really worried about?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infected cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hi
From the picture the lesion seems to be infected and needs to be treated with antibiotics. There is nothing to be worried about but if there is any increase in the inflammation or size or the cyst gets tender, you should get it examined.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D