question-icon

What causes 4.5cm of complex cyst on ovary?

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: I am 52 and went to the gynecologist for a bladder infection. I have a 4.5 complex cyst on ovary. My C-125 came out at 23. I have a Ct scan tomorrow. What is the percentage of possibility it is cancerous? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
not much

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
If there were no other features of malignancy but complex cyst, and if ca 125 is normal as it seems to be,then this size cyst doesnt carry high risk of being cancerous.However, it is good to do ct scan to rule out the worst. I would say that possiblity of cancer is around 5%, not more than this. So you dont need to be concerned at this point.
WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon