What casues allergic skin rash?
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I would keep a possibility of Acute Urticaria/Hives. It presents as skin welts/swellings, which can be distributed all over the body. Itching is usually severe however it is subjective in individuals.
Urticaria OR hives can occur due to various causes like(to name a few):
--Infections(bacterial, viral, fungal)
--Drugs(Pain killers/ antibiotics etc)
--Certain foods and food additives/preservatives
--Physical Urticaria: Cold temperature, Heat, Pressure(Prolonged Standing, Sitting), Dermographism etc.
--Cholinergic Urticaria: in response to strong emotions, exercise, spicy food etc ---Autoimmune disorders like SLE, RA etc.
--A few cases have no underlying cause and are known as idiopathic urticaria.
Treatment: An oral antihistamine like cetrizine 10 mg once daily for a few days would be suitable.
A topical soothing lotion like calamine would help her symptomatically.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of allergic skin rash
- Drugs/medication for allergic skin rash
- Diagnosis of allergic skin rash
- What causes allergic skin rash
- Allergic reaction skin rash
- Treatment and cure for allergic skin rash
- Methamphetamine allergic response skin rash
- Suggest treatment for allergic skin rash
- How to treat allergic skin rashes
- Allergic skin rash causes