Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

What can I do for the ankle and knee pain I developed due to dancing ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I was training for a shufffel dance style but I start to have a sever pain in my ankels. Howver, one of my legs has healed 80% but still the pain is increasing in the second one (( the pain has started in this leg at first)). I already used hot water, bandage and pain killer and Iboprofen but nothing happen. The pain know has reached my knee and I have adifficult time standing and sitting in the floor. And I could not stand more than two minuts because the pain will increase. And I strart to have Podismus if I walk for few seconds.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

What you have developed is ankle and knee sprain. Its likely that you have sprained some of the ligaments associated with knee and ankle joint. This is mainly due to your dance practice.

The best and most important treatment for your is to take rest for about 3 - 4 weeks without any further exertion of the knee and ankle.

It will usually take some time for the pain and discomfort to get relieved.

You can continue to take analgesics as and when required.

Do consult your orthopaedician at the earliest for an examination. Prescription antiinflammatory drugs will be more effective than over the counter pain killers.

In the mean time, there are topical anti inflammatory preparations available as both ointments and sprays which can be uses.

Hope this answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information


Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor