Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

123 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What can I do for a constant pricking and burning sensation in the soles of my feet?

Answered by
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1969

Answered : 2452 Questions

Posted on Wed, 14 Nov 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am getting a constant pricking n burning sensation in d soles of my feet since a month.....also my ankles are swollen mostly n more so when I sit fr long....Pls advice .....


Thank Dr...yes will get my TSH chkd again n take d necessary treatment if also follow include d food items mentioned.....
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional deficit.

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for your query.

As per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this-

1) Do a clinical examination by your Doctor [Endocrinologist] and check your present TSH level and adjust the dose of medication for hypothyroidism.

2) Discuss with your treating Doctor about multivitamin with vitamin B6 supplements regularly. You can include Eggs, Fortified foods, such as breakfast cereals, Milk, cheese and yogurt, Red and white meats and shellfish etc., in your diets.

Do follow a few lifestyle modifications like this -

1) Avoid standing and sitting for long periods of time.

2) Prop up your feet when sitting to avoid swelling of the ankle.

3) Try to wear compression stockings.

4) Do exercise regularly and try to limit sodium.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.


Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for your follow up reply.

Please follow as mentioned and if you need any further help send me a message on my page and it will be my pleasure to guide you further.

Thanks and wish you a good health.

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo, General & Family Physician

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on