What are the withdrawal symptoms of alcohol?
I don't drink alcohol often, maybe once or twice a month. But in the last year every time I have even one drink I later end up feeling like I'm going through some kind of withdrawal. I'll get really cold, and start shivering and shaking and not feeling great. I have never been a heavy drinker, and still don't drink much, so I am confused why this is happening when it didn't used to. Why might this be happening and is there anything I can do to help it a part from never drinking alcohol again?
Drops in blood sugar levels as following
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concern.
Drinking alcohol is often associated with low blood sugar levels especially if you drink with an empty stomach.
The symptoms you experienced (feeling cold, shivering, shaking) are due to reduction in blood sugar level. You can measure your bsl:
- after eating
- after drinking alcohol or when these symptoms will start
At that moment, I advise to have something to eat.
Never drink alcohol on an empty stomach.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of phenobarbital
- Headaches alcohol withdrawal symptom
- What are the withdrawal symptoms for neurotin
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms causes
- What are sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What are withdrawal symptoms
- Diagnosis of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Coping with alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Mild alcohol withdrawal symptoms