What are the symptoms of peripheral arterial disease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
My 90 year old Aunt has had severe pain in her lower left leg for over a year, she had fallen over a year ago and cut her lower left leg on a stair, it took 6 months to heal under a surgeons care, I know she has poor circulation. She has been to about 4 doctors about this problem. the pain doctor has her on oxycodone 7.5 which she takes every 6 hrs. she now says she doesn't know how much longer she can take the pain. She is a very active 90 year old. I believe she has PAD, her feet are always cold, I had a hard time finding her pedal pulse in both her feet, what do you think? Would she go to a vascular surgeon?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Color doppler study for circulation is must

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. First of all I must appreciate your knowledge of medical science.Baesd on symptoms described it looks she is having PAD and needs color Doppler study for evaluation. This may be done after visiting a vascular surgeon.
I hope she is medically fit?
Wishing her good health.