Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

What are the symptoms of frontal lobe dementia and should I consult a neurologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
What are the symptoms for frontal lobe dementia? Have been evaluated by a psychiatrist. Should I now see a neurologist? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that dementia comes under the domain of neurologist only and thus you should see one early . There are certainn assessment scales like MMSE used for evaluation of cognition that needs to be done . When the frontal lobe is involved Behavioral abnormalities are commonest which can be mistaken for depression , in later stages patient can develop disinhibition also . Patient may not follow social norms .A wide variety of such behaviour is seen depending on parts involved . language skills and memory are affected at later stages . Semantic dementia may be seen . A MRI Brain should also be done if your treating doctor feels so. You should see a doctor early for this . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor