What are the symptoms of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hi, i have protected sex with prostitute.then next day onwards i have symptoms like burning in stomach and my back for ten days.after that i feel headache,joint pains , weakness and Swollen lymph nodes in neck.the incident was done 30 days ago .i had intercorse for less than a minute,during this condom didn't get break and slip.but i still feel like sick.i am in worry that it is hiv?.please help me.i am in fear and worried about hiv. please help me. is it hiv?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HIV risk is negligible.Symptoms not related to HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks foe sending your query.

You had a protected exposure and the condom was intact. So you are safe and the risk for HIV/STD is remote.
Earliest HIV manifestations can occur only after 4-6 weeks following the high risk contact, if there was any HIV infection. Burning stomach and back were not symptoms for HIV. There is no possibility for HIV symptoms can occur on the very next day of the exposure.
Head ache, joint pain, weakness and nodes in the neck can occur with ordinary viral or bacterial infection. You can get this infection even from that girl during close intimacy through an air born infection not through sexual route. Nothing to worry.
See your doctor, if your symptoms persist. You will be alright soon with antibiotics.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of HIV? 4 hours later
thank you sir
now i have hope in my live.
i think that all symptoms occurred due to failure of condom,is there any chance of condom failure in my situation?.
please tell me sir.
i have one more doubt sir,
nodes in the neck are paining.how can i cure from it?
thank you in advance

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral infection causes nodes.Antibiotics takes care

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

As you were sure that your condom was intact after intercourse, it could be due to condom failure.
With a Tonsilitis or sore throat you can have a painful nodes over neck.
When you get treated for head ache and body pain, your doctor would be able to find the exact cause for the reason for the enlarged nodes and appropriate antibiotic will take care of this also and your nodes will become alright.
DR S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of HIV? 10 minutes later
do i have hiv?,Swollen lymph nodes is the symptom of hiv?.
please tell me sir

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood test can reveal or rule out HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HIV.
Swollen lymph nodes in neck can occur to anybody without HIV. Even this can occur with children also. In HIV disease also enlargement of lymph node can occur.
But without a HIV test, nobody can tell whether this could be due to HIV or not.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of HIV? 4 days later
sir today i got tested for hiv that is HIV DNA PCR QUALITATIVE.the test result is not detected.the test has done after the exposure of one mounth.is this test is accurate or otherwise do i need any tests?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV1 ruled out,Antibodytest need to rule out HIV2.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Negative HIV DNA PCR test is definitely an accurate and a conclusive one when done after one month. It rules out HIV 1 infection beyond any doubt. HIV 1 infection is the commonest (99%) form of HIV infection throughout the world other than certain parts of XXXXXXX
HIV 2 is a rare infection in XXXXXXX and western countries ( less than 1%). HIV 2 infection has not been able to be detected by DNA PCR test and can be ruled out by antibody test like Rapid tests, ELISA test and Western blot test after the window period of 8-12 weeks.
You had a protected exposure. So your HIV risk is negligible. If you still want to rule out HIV 2, then it is better to have an antibody test after 12 weeks to have an absolute relief from mental tension.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of HIV? 19 hours later
sir now i have the problem that is burning sensation to my hands ,back and feet.i have body pains. i am worried .please tell me sir is it related to std?
i feel still sick after protective exposure.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Protected sex is safe.symptoms notrelated HIV/STD

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Your symptoms are not related to HIV/STD. Consult your physician for further help regarding your present complaints. These may be due to your Anxiety.
Protected exposures are quite safe.
Nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan