question-icon

What are the signs and symptoms of seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: ye s please, I am 73 and have had many health problems but now My face and chest are covered with little bumps, my regular doctor says it is Rocessha ?? I can pick them and little white stuff comes out. But when I finish I am so red and messed up. I bought a special kit to clean which runs on battery. does fairly good job but then they always come back. what can I do?
My fingers are messed up with arthritis, so I make a lot of mistakes, and very slow, please forgive.I am having s0 much trouble getting it typed
These bumps etc,. are all over my face, in my eyebrows on my nose Also my hair is getting thinner I have places all over my head I scratch and makes sores. Help
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Upload photographs of the affected areas

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic
I have gone through your history and according to me it seems you have seborrhoeic dermatitis but to confirm the diagnosis I would recommend you to upload few clear pictures of the scalp, face including nose and eyebrows and chest. This will help me in guiding you regarding further management of the condition.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist