What are the side effects of Metronidazole?
Below is the list of side effects
Welcome to HealthcareMagic .
When metronidazole taken orally following side effects may be seen .
Most common in decreasing order are
-Unpleasant metallic taste in mouth. May be seen even with one dose.
-Gastritis or abdominal discomfort. So always taken after having food.
-Nausea or even may have vomiting.
-Burning sensation in hands and foot
Less likely and more serious complications which needs discontinuation of tablet are
-seizures, allergic reaction, rashes , neuropathy etc.
Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metronidazole tablets side effects
- Metronidazole gel side effects
- Side effects of metronidazole pills
- Metronidazole and alcohol side effects
- Side effects of metronidazole
- Metronidazole flagyl side effects
- Metronidazole side effects in women
- Ofloxacin metronidazole side effects
- Antibiotics metronidazole side effects
- What are the side effects of bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole, and tetracycline?