What causes metallic taste in the mouth and stomach discomfort?

Question
I get a tinny taste in my mouth and then get sick to my stomach. What could cause this
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Many reasons

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but there are various reasons that can cause tinny taste in your mouth..
for example, many medications can cause tinny taste as a side effect including antibiotics such as tetracycline, clarithromycin and metronidazole.. Also blood pressure medication as captopril , antigout drugs as allopurinol and antipsychotics can cause this side effect ..
Vitamin supplement that contain zinc , copper or chromium can lead to metallic taste in your mouth as well.
Also many physical conditions can cause this symptoms such as sinus allergies or infection, kidney or liver impairement and diabetes .. I hope you find this helpful ..