question-icon

What are the side effects of Forecox?

Posted on Sat, 21 May 2016
Question: My six years old child has been detected granulomatous inflammation with mycrobial infection in the left lymph node. He has been prescribed forecox two tablets before breakfast. Is forecox 150 mg the right medicine to be proceeded with. What are side effects of this medicine. XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
The rewards far outweigh the risks of side effects

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Forecox is a combinational drug containing Rifampicin, Pyrazinamide, Ethambutol and Isoniazid all of which are essential for the treatment of tuberculosis. A prolonged duration of treatment is needed for the treatment of tuberculosis and you should not stop this medicine in anticipation of side effects which occurs in a very small section of the people taking this medicine.

If you still insist on knowing the Side Effects, they can be:

GI Disturbances, Pseudomembranous Colitis (Rare), Abnormalities Of Liver Function, Fatalities In Those With Liver Disorders, Influenza-Like Symptoms, Skin Reactions, Eosinophilia, Transient Leucopenia, Thrombocytopenia, Purpura, Shock, Drowsiness, Headache, Ataxia, Visual Disturbances, Menstrual Irregularities. Reddish Coloured Urine And Tears. IV: Thrombophloebitis; Extravasation Following Local Irritation And Inflammation. Potentially Fatal: Hepatitis Or Shock-Like Syndrome With Hepatic Involvement.

Let me know if you're having any further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician