What are the side effects of Escitalopram?
I am on holiday Friday for two weeks - can I take2.5 mg diazepam as needed during difficult mornings? I have not taken this drug in any quantity regularly for 3 weeks - only 1 x 5mg one week followed by 1 x 2.5 mg on two separate occasions over 10 days.
may need to change back
Hello and thank you for your question.
It is unusual to have such a reaction in changing from a brand name to a generic medication but it can happen. If you were not having these symptoms on the Cipralex then I would suggest asking your doctor to go back to that medication. It is true that it can take 4-6 weeks to build up blood levels and get the full effect of the medication, but your side effects seem pretty intolerable. These are not typical and may not resolve with continued use so I think going back to the brand name medication may be better for you. Try to get it changed as soon as possible and definitely before you go on holiday.
Good luck to you.
thanks for follow up. I can not advise you on the use of controlled substances on this forum. You will need to speak to your primary doctor about that.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of escitalopram oxalate and clonazepam
- Side effects of escitalopram oxalate
- Common side effects of escitalopram
- What are the side effects of escitalopram tablets?
- Ic escitalopram side effects
- Escitalopram sexual side effects
- Is shivering a side effect of escitalopram?
- Escitalopram side effects
- Escitalopram side effects insomnia
- Is convulsions a side effect of escitalopram?