What are the side effects of Claritin?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can i take a sleeping aid while i just took claritin pill
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
increased drowsiness is a possible effect

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The main likely side effect would be increased drowsiness (though claritine is mostly non drowsy) and possible dizziness (this is a side effect of most sleep aids and anti histamines).

The increased drowsiness would be helpful since you are trying to fall asleep.

For more specific interactions, the exact name of the particular sleep aid would be needed so that any other interactions can be determined.
If you need specific info then you can use a follow up question to give the name of the sleep aid

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions