What are the repercussions of accidental double dosage of Calpol?

Question
I’ve given my child too much calpol a double dose, will she be ok? She’s 20 Months old and a good healthy weight however I don’t know her weight exactly.... she’s teething. Dad gave her one dose of 5ml, and I came home from work and gave her another without knowing. Do I need to worry? Thanks
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern, but there is no need to worry. Skip the next dose of Calpol and if she has a high fever give her a dose of children’s Advil or Motrin instead.

In case she becomes drowsy, irritated, and experiences vomiting or stomach pain, take her to a doctor right away.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
All the best