What are the possible side effects of taking Zimovane and Vimovo?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: can using zimovane with vimovo cause unwanted side effects

I have severe psoriasis side effect of lamictal snd lithium any solution to this

as I have rheumitise arthris willzimovane help to sleep any side effects in the short term is lomg term use ofvimovo recommended

lastly can stopping lithium and lamictal cure psorasis
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Zimovane with Vimovo will not cause any side effects when used together.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I understand your concern.

Zimovane will help you to sleep quite easily.

Vimovo is the long term can cause weakening of bones and gastric ulceration.

Stopping Lamictal and Lithium is not the right solution as it is known to cause rebound side effects like seizures, mania and depression.

Psoriasis can be dealt with treatments like PUVA therapy and steroids.

Please check with your dermatologist if he can offer you the same.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.