What are the chances of getting pregnant by fingering with sperm?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi ,

My Gf and Me had sex and i did fingering to ger virgina .I had some of my speram there on my finger.
So we decided to take an I-pill one day after .
Around after 48hrs.

Here are my concerns :
1. What are the chnaces of getting pregnet by fingering with speram in finger ?

2. After taking I-pill she is having lower abdomnal uneasy and vomiting symptoms.
Is it expected behaviour ?

Its first time she is taking I-pill and so we are worried.

Please advise.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 31 minutes later

1.There are very minimal chances of she getting pregnant.

2.Such symptoms can be there after l-pill.Generally these are self limiting.

I think you just need to wait and watch her symptoms.Wait till her next cycle.If she gets next cycle then everything should be fine.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 54 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt answer , Apperciate that.

I have the below concerns :

1. The sperm were on my finger as i touched my penis but there were not much of liquid .

How long the sperm are active in outside enviourment to cause pregneancy ?

2. She just had a vomiting , where as the tablet was taken before 8hrs.
Is it required to repeat the medicine ?

3. what natural way can be adopted to reduce the lower belly pain and vomiting as she already had vomiting once.

I will apperciate your quick respone.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later
Thanks for follow up question.

1.Sperms need liquid environment to survive , if there was not much fluid then there are chances that sperms were inactive.Outside body sperms can remain active for 5-8 hours in liquid environment.

Sperm ejaculated into a woman's vagina can live in a woman's cervical mucus or upper genital tract for three to five days.

2.Since she vomited after 8 hours, there is no need to repeat the drug.

3.Rest is natural way to reduce the pain. Spasmolytic drugs can help relieve pain soon.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later
There was not much liquid though but the gap between the touch was quick.
So I was scared.

Thank you very much for you answers

Thanks & Regards

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later
But you have already taken precautionary steps.So I guess there is no need to worry.

Regards.