What are the chances of STDs through oral sex with an open wound?

Question
I had some rough oral sex leading to a 1cm sore on the border between the head and shaft of my penis. Two days later I used semen from a partner of unknown status (tested negative in November) as lubricant in manual sex, placing it in contact with this wound, after short oral sex which I don't think, but may have, aggravated the wound. The semen had been on the wall of a shower for perhaps 30-60 seconds after he ejaculated. Is this a case for post exposure prophylaxis?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes if the partner is high risk individual

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
As there is a open wound which has come in contact with the secretions i.e semen of person of unknown status(which is considered a risk until known). November result may be too old if he has multiple partners or is a high risk individual.
oral sex is one of the least possible way of transmission unless there are abrasions or ulcers.
There are chances of transmission as there is open wound.
If you consider the partner is definitely negative there is nothing to worry.
If you have a doubt you can go for prophylaxis therapy for HIV on consultation with your doctor.It is better if it is initiated within 3 days of the risk.
You can go for PCR test later after 10-15 days to know about the status.
You can get back to me for any clarifications .
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh