Was taking Spasmo Proxyvon daily but it is banned. Suggest alternative medicine?

Posted on Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in General Health
Question: Daily i was taking 1 capsule and now i am not getting this medicine due to baan.Please prescribe the alternate medicine of spasmo proxyvon..Its very urgent..
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dextromethorphan

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking.

Spasmo proxyvon is the combination of dextromethorphan and dicyclomine used in the acute painful conditions.

It has been banned because of the abuse potential .A person using the combination before can take dicyclomine and some opoid agonist separately. There are plenty of companies making dicyclomine as a muscle relaxant agent.

Dextromethorphan is used as cough suppressants and is available both in liquid form and tablets as XXXXXXX cough lozenges.

Although I will not recommend taking these medication for long period for long period of time because of addictive potential .

Please let me know if you need more information.

Follow up: Dr. Pankaj Malhan 6 minutes later
what is the composition of Dortin-DS...is this medicine can take as alternate..
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Drotaverein

Detailed Answer:
It is drotaverine which is used as a smooth muscle relaxant ,it has nearly same efficacy as dicyclomine , although it does not have any opioid painkiller like dextromethorphan.

Follow up: Dr. Pankaj Malhan 11 minutes later
It means your suggested medicine is better than my suggested medicine..

She is taking Sarboline (syrup),Lasix and Razo D then what is the dose of daily...Any side effect???
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depend on the cause

Detailed Answer:
Dose depend on the cause for which it is being prescribed, For spasm can be taken twice a day or even more but only for short period of time ,like one to two weeks.
Dr. Pankaj Malhan