Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Want to get rid of homosexuality.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
my age s 35 6.1 tall sir i want to get rid of homosexulities as many times i wna get sex wth same to my sex
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 15 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Some people do develop homosexual tendencies due to several problems that they perceive in the relationships they have. This could include problems with intimacy with your partner, self-esteem, having a better relationship with a few men, loneliness and abandonment.
Your childhood development would actually provide the context to help a therapist evaluate you better.
Cognitive-behavioural interventions have been proven to be useful in working with such symptoms, while interpersonal interventions provide the key to real healing. The following interventions would help you:
•     Keep a diary of your thoughts, emotions and experiencing. This will help you release the anxiety that you are currently experiencing.
•     Try and understand what you used to feel prior to the emergence of these symptoms.
•     Try and nurture your spiritual side and develop a better relationship with your father or any other male family member whom you look up to.
I would suggest that you consult a psychiatrist with training in cognitive behavioural therapy.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Should you have any more concerns, I am available to address them

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor