Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis. How to seek immediate care?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
Heavy vaginal bleeding with severe pelvic painI am a fairly healthy 24 year old female with a history of endometriosis. currently I am having severe pelvic pain with movement and extremely heavy vaginal bleeding that is bright red with no clots what so ever for the past 2 days. could this be related to the endometriosis or could it be something different, also how soon should I follow up with my gyn or do I need to seek care immediately?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 53 minutes later
Heavy menstrual bleeding, painful bleeding, painful intercourse are often seen with endometriosis. You are young so get yourself treated as early as possible, it will help in prevention of progress of disease. Your Gynecologist may ask you to have ultrasound of uterus and ovaries with some blood tests like ca-125. Meanwhile you take good diet XXXXXXX in iron like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, pulses, XXXXXXX etc and drink plenty of fluids.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis. How to seek immediate care? 29 minutes later
I was just asking cause the bleeding seems alot heavier than usual and the fact that its bright red which has never happened before and I'm not sexually active.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Heavy bleeding in your case could be because of endometriosis, stress, hormonal fluctuations. To find out the exact cause you need to be examined and evaluated by Local Gynecologist who may advise some investigations as mentioned earlier.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor