Owl Image

Using uv avo sunscreen for brown spots on face and body. Not cured. Any effective treatment?

Owl Image
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Question
Brown spots on face and body, using UV Avo sunscreen for the last 1 year and exposure to sun is minimal, but still its increasing
Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Although the most common causes for such type of dark spots is exposure to UV rays of sun,pregnancy and stress.
But since these spots are getting more dark in spite of protection from sun,you must get yourself examined for conditions like addison's disease or pituitary tumor or hemochromatosis etc,to be on safe side.
As far as treatment is concerned ,beside using sunscreens,you can go for skin lightening creams containing hydroquinone or chemical peels or even laser treatments.

Consult a dermatologist and get yourself examined properly.
Once a proper cause is found,a proper treatment can be instituted.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks