Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

156 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Using neutrogena sunblock on face for pigmentation problem. Any suggestion?

Answered by
Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 4036 Questions

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: I have pigmentation problem and body colour is non uniform. Colour of face is much darker than my other body. Please suggest me what to do and how can I improve my toning. Currently I am using Neutrogena Sunblock whenever possible. Shaving cream used is Detol Shaving cream.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later


Thanks for posting your query. I can understand you apprehension.

Please note that the parts of body which are exposed to sun are always darker then the parts which are covered.

The colour of skin depends upon of lots of factors like

Your basic skin colour
Nutritional status
Your working environment, pollution etc.

Please do not get very apprehensive about skin colour.

Please visit a skin specialist in your city to have a look at the problem. The skin specialists after examination will advice any medication if necessary.

Please do not do experimentation or try any other medicines just by misleading advt etc.

In general:
Use any good sun screen with SPF more then 15.
Take good health diet, XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables
Take proper sleep
Do regular exercise and maintain good health.

You also know that skin colour is not the only important thing in ones overall personality.

Wishing you best in life.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 hours later
Thanks a lot sir for valuable advice. Can you suggest me any good specialist in this case in Bangalore.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

The better person to guide you, is your family physician.He knows local doctors better.You may take his advice.

Otherwise you can visit hospitals like Apollo etc.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on Sun tanning

doctor1 MD

I have realised every time i go to the beach and i spend my time tanning, i always get red dots all over my legs. They are no painful or raised or itchy. They are just dots (look a lot like freckles). No-one else i know gets this, they all get smooth tans and then i have red dots all over my legs! I noticed this before when i was younger too.Why does this happen? Can i prevent it because it really doesn t look nice and makes me self conscious

doctor1 MD

Well,I have a question that is now related to a sunburn I received on my forehead that resulted in discoloration. I do not know where to turn and I can t afford to see a derm =[ Ok, long story short, I went hiking in Yosemite and received a sunburn on my shoulders and forehead (I didn’t wear any sunscreen). My shoulders have peeled and look normal now, however, my forehead actually formed blotches of tender pink. I noticed this a couple days after hiking, that there were a few patches on my forehead that were actually lighter in color than the rest of my face (somewhat pinkish). I then applied aloe vela for the next week, along with sunblock, and stayed out of the sun as much as possible. I never stayed in the sun for extended periods of time. After one week of doing this, the patches on my forehead are no longer pink, but still somewhat lighter than the rest of my face—my face is tan, and the patches are lighter tan. (not terribly lighter, but it is noticeable if you look at it in the right angle) =( Just in case this helps, I am a very tan person and never really get sunburned. My questions are: 1. What exactly happened to my forehead? Is this a normal result of sunburn? 2. Is this going to scar? Will the skin patches on my forehead ever return back to the same color as the rest of my face? 3. Am I taking all the right steps in treating my face? Sunblock, aloe vera? What else should I be doing? Sorry for all the questions, but ANY help/advice would be appreciated. Am I overreacting since it’s only been 2 weeks? It is just making me worry a lot and almost insecure since I am afraid it might last like this forever or a verrry long time. Worried Ron

doctor1 MD

10 years ago I got sun poisoning from second degree sunburns. I just found out last year Melanoma runs in my family on my father's side. He had it as did his mother. I'm extremely fair-skinned and burn easily. What is my susceptibility to skin cancer?

doctor1 MD

are there benefits of UV radiation?what are the effects of UV on the eye?what are the effects of UV on the skin?does UV interact with the immune system?what are some human health problems that are caused by over-exposure to UV light from the sun?does UV light kill bacteria?does everyone that comes in contact with over exposure of UV light get cancer?does acne get effected by UV rays? Is there a difference in the effects of UV rays and natural sun light?How to prevent against skin cancer?

doctor1 MD

My daughter was sun tanning for the last 3 days . She is fairly pale. She was in the heat for about 2 hours each day and put zero sunscreen and a ton of sun tanning lotion so she can get a quick XXXXXXX Well, that didn't work well at all. She went...

doctor1 MD

Tanned Skin with Acne Spot Kindly suggess any effective cream for skin lightening and spot removal within short period of time

doctor1 MD

Hii, me KB. Of 25 years old. My skin tone is dark, I hv already used cream melacare and otherone I forgot bt after stop using my skin become darker den normal skin tone. Wt to do? Should I use the Eukroma cream for glow? Will remain there effect...