Undergone acdf surgery. Breathing oxygen after surgery. Have constant nausea and difficulty in swallowing. Suggest further treatment?
My question is, although I have no major brain damage, is it possible that I have mild brain damage that hasn't been immediately noticed? I keep forgetting what I'm doing when I'm trying to cook dinner, or studying, for example, I'm struggling for the correct words, the light is hurting my eyes, and I can't stop passing urine every half hour or so. I also have a constant nausea, some problems swallowing and headache. (Some of those problems might be linked to the trache, and other things might just be because this all happened relatively recently)
I appreciate, because of how traumatic the experience was, I could be being paranoid, but I just feel so ill. Everyone, Dr's, nurses, and my family were so shocked and happy when I came to, and had cognitive function, I kind of feel like the smaller problems were glossed over. I just want to know what I should be looking out for...
Minimal brain damage.collective support required.
Welcome to the platform of Health Care Magic.
Dear it is quite surprising and miraculous retention of brain cognitive function even after 11 minutes of respiratory arrest.
Usually brain is dead or vegetative after this much of prolonged Cerebral Hypoxia. Your are really lucky enough to have a such mental status to write such a long letter.
Minor abrasions which you have explained are quite expected. To map every neuron damaged is not possible. It can be gradually experienced by the individual if being minutely observed. Innumerous deficits may be observed by the person.
Collective support of Physiotherapist.neurologist,counselors,Clinical psychologist, psychiatrists. physicians, family members, colleagues etc will help to improve the quality of life.
Hope for the best,
Please feel free for the further clarification.
I am waiting for the follow up appointments with the orthopedic spine surgeon, and also with the ENT consultant. I will bring up my concerns with them. Could you tell me if there is any specific tests I should ask for, or as it is clearly quite mild, testing would prove pointless?
Any advice on what to ask the consultants when I see them would be greatly appreciated, as I feel quite lost, and confused. No-one in the hospital really spoke to me about returning home, or counselling etc, and I live far from my family, so when I forget things, there's no one there to remind me.
Memory techniques, Brain Training
When ever you happen to XXXXXXX the Neurologist, Counselors, Clinical psychologist, psychiatrists etc try to discuss some rehabilitative measures like Memory Techniques, Brain Training, Memory Exercises, Memory tests, Mentalrobics etc especially for your quality life improvement.
For the frequency of Urine /incontinence discuss with neurologist and physiotherapist.
Physiotherapists will of significant help in improving the smooth movements of body.
Confusion and forgetfulness to be discussed with clinical psychologist.
Over all well being will be achieved by the collective efforts of such supportive group.
Always be in touch with your physician for proper guidance and immediate health management.
Hope the query is answered.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difficulty swallowing after exercise
- Difficulty swallowing after drinking beer
- Treatment for difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty swallowing after allergic reaction
- Dystonia cause difficulty swallowing breathing
- Treatment for chest pain and difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty swallowing after the flu
- Difficulty swallowing after drinking alcohol
- Difficulty swallowing saliva and breathing
- Treatment for dysphagia difficulty swallowing
- Angiogram showed 90% stenosis. Suggested bypass. How serious is it?...
- Suffering from Brucella meningitis. Done with blood culture test. Having...
- Suffer from high fever, cold, loss of appetite, headache and ear pain....
- Child vomiting after meals. After medicine vomiting has not stopped....
- Doing masturbation since many years. Having pain in lower back, thighs...
- Have sleep disorder and gasping when hungry and after meals. Treatment?
- Noticed yellow color discharge with burning sensation after urologic...
- Having problems with allergies. Having sinus infection. Took fluctinase....
- Have Thallesemia Minor. Triglycerides and Cholesterol out of control....
- Premature child has been given formula feed. Takes burp and vomits curdy...