Ultrasound shows no IUD but X-rays showed it. Not found during laprascopy and hysteroscopy. Why?
Thanks for posting your query.
Sometimes IUD is not detected on ultrasound or hysteroscopy or laproscopy as it is like searching for a needle in a sack of hay.
X-rays expose the whole abdomen and detect any metallic substance present inside so it can detect such implants more easily but it is difficult to pin point the location inside the abdominal viscera.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Thanks for writing again.
X-ray is a more sensitive tool for detecting IUD than a direct visualisation during surgery. It could be inside any viscera like gut or uterine wall, etc. Consulting an infertility specialist will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does ultrasound show
- Unnoticed pregnancy during hysteroscopy
- Ultrasound shows bulky placenta
- Will ultrasound show pancreatic cancer
- Hymen breaking during hysteroscopy
- Why have a hysteroscopy
- Kub ultrasound shows cancer
- Does ultrasound show cancer
- Hysteroscopy shows specks on uterus
- Spotting ultrasound showed no heartbeat why was no tissue passed
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...