Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Treatment for blood blister causing pain near bikini hair?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2448 Questions
I had a small lump in my upper thigh near my bikini area and assumed it was an ingrown hair, 'cuz I tend to get those pretty often although I never shave. I tried popping it and something felt like it slipped beneath the skin causing me tremendous pain. The area suddenly swelled up dramatically over the course of 90 seconds and turned a dark purple color. This really scared me and I almost took off to the emergency room before I calmed down. The swelling and pain stopped (although now the skin feels stretched and so is painful when touched or when I move around) and now it looks like a bruised bump near my crotch and seems to be full of blood. Although I have never had one before, I am assuming this is a blood blister. I am wondering now what would be a good course of action to take if it is indeed a massive blood blister and what else it could be if you do not believe it is. Can you help me? I am an overweight, 20 yr old female. I am also a hemophilia carrier which may explain why it is so large.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Sequel of Haemophilia Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, I have gone through your history of present illness and the medical problem you are having. Haemophilia is a condition in which the blood does not clot properly. As you are a carrier of haemophilia, there will be lack of normal levels of clotting factors which are necessary for blood clotting system. You may be a symptomatic carrier having low levels of factor VIII or IX and experiencing bleeding symptoms similar to those in patient with mild haemophilia. The first symptom of haemophilia is bleeding into soft tissues such as muscles and subcutaneous tissues following a trivial injury, this may be the reason for your symptoms. These symptoms are often frequent. Large bruises and haematomas can lead to big bumps. There is no cure for haemophilia, it can be controlled with regular infusions of the deficient clotting factor. But certain drugs like Desmopressin which releases the clotting factor stored in the body from the lining of the blood vessels, causing a temporary rise in factor levels. Tranexaemic acid is also tried in this condition.It helps to slow down the body’s natural process of breaking down a clot, which helps to stop the bleeding. But these drugs should be taken only after consulting your doctor, because it require continuous monitoring. I would suggest you to do exercises to increase flexibility, tone, and strength of muscles, increasing their ability to protect from damaging bleeds. Strengthening of the joints particularly the elbows, knees, and ankles is very much essential as this condition may lead to bleeding into the joints (Haemarthrosis). Hope I have answered your query, If any further queries, feel free to post me. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor